Matthew 25 mission
To engage the discipleship of Delmar Presbyterian Church with social, economic, and environmental justice.
* In 2020 the session and congregation agreed to take on the PC(USA) matthew 25 initiative.
* Summer of 2020 created a book study on "Climate Church, Climate World" by Jim Antal.
*September 2020, supported the 8/28 movement by raising funds for locally black owned
Soul Fire Farm.
* November 2020 DPC's earthcare taskforce created a resolution for the church and then a petition to ask the state to consider moral and social reasons, not financial, when considering a discount rate on carbon emissions.
* January 18, 2021 joined with our friends at B'nai Sholom Reformed Congregation to organize a MLK National Day of Service food/diaper drive for Family Promise and small local food pantries.
* January 23, 2022 Joined with our friends at B'nai Sholom Reformed Congregation to organize the second annual Day of Service food drive sponsored by Family Promise and to serve local food pantries.